Wednesday 26 August 2015

My trip to Chicago (Illinois, U.S.A.)

I was at my house waiting for the taxi to come and drop me to Indira Gandhi International Airport. I sat in the taxi and Zoooooooomed towards the airport. After approximately half an hour I reached the airport. It took 2 hours to complete the check-in and other formalities and then  I boarded the plane towards Chicago. As the time in India was 2:00 a.m. I was feeling very sleepy so I felt asleep. When it was around 8:30 a.m. according to Indian Standard time I woke up. I was served with lavish breakfast and a sumptuous chicken as lunch. As I was flying in Air India there was a large variety of Hollywood and Bollywood movies. I watched 3 movies Paddington, Interstellar and Finding Fanny. I watched many videos and cartoons to entertain myself.

After many hours I reached Chicago's O'hare International Airport !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was very excited as it was my first visit to the U.S.A. We quickly collected our luggage and took a cab towards our studio apartment. After 16 minutes we reached the studio apartment. My mother cooked some snacks while my father went to take a rental car. He brought an Altima S of Nissan of dark red color. As it was a difference of 10 and a half hours I was jet-lagged for many days but then slowly I became fine.

On our first morning after sleeping well, I went out of the hotel room and went around with my family. The weather was pleasant, slightly cold in fact. The spring was in full bloom during this time of the year.


My first attraction in Schaumburg was at Lego Land. It was marvelous at the entrance there was a gigantic giraffe fully made up of thousands of Lego pieces. There also was a whole Lego city that represented the Chicago downtown! I also saw two 5D Lego-based movies, they were really superb. I also took a class in which and my sister and me were taught how to make a dragon using Lego pieces. At a place, there were sloppy racing tracks where I had to make a car using Lego pieces and race it down in the slope. There were few rides as well which were fun. It was fun at Lego Land.




Next Saturday went to Chicago's Downtown. This Saturday I only went to John G. Shedd Aquarium as we were to visit my father's classmate from college in the evening.



At John G. Shedd Aquarium I saw a large variety of aquatic animals including Eel, Seahorse, Jellyfish, Octopus, Shark, etc. I also saw a 4D movie named ''Sea Monsters'' which told a story of a fictional aquatic animal which is supposed to be extinct. I also touched a starfish living inside icy cold water. First time in my life I saw living corals and also learned that living corals came in the category of animals.




Next day I again went to the Downtown and visited Adler Planetarium and Field Museum. At Adler Planetarium first thing that I saw were 2 movies that gave us knowledge about our space. There were several items like space crafts, a piece from the moon, a piece from mars, etc.




At nearby field Museum, I saw the world's largest complete T-Rex skeleton ever found! I also saw a 3D movie based upon the T-Rex skeleton which gave me more knowledge about where the skeleton was found and how it might have spent its life. With the T-Rex skeleton, it's last meal's skeleton was also found inside its body. The T-Rex skeleton got it's named Sue from the person who found it.  I also saw a variety of ancient culture from countries like America and Africa. I also saw a movie based upon Vikings. It increased my knowledge about Vikings.





Next Saturday we went to Lincoln Park Zoo, Willis Tower and Millennium Park. Lincoln Park Zoo was quite big and I can surely tell that it had all sort of animals like. It took me hours covering the whole zoo. I just didn't want to leave the zoo as it had many cute animals including a baby gorilla, a lion cub, etc.




Willis Tower was once the world's largest building in the world with 108 floors. It was earlier known as Sears Tower. I viewed the whole Chicago downtown from the 103rd floor. The view was marvelous from that floor. I had a Rickshaw ride from Willis Tower to Millennium Park.




Next day I went to Industry of Science Museum and Navy Pier. The industry of Science Museum is the world's 2nd largest science museum. There I did many science experiments. I saw various old used airplanes including the Wright Brothers first plane etc.




Then we went to Navy Pier which is a beautiful place on the Michigan lakefront. Since the weather was nice, we went around the place. Then, my father and my mother had a golf tournament in which my father won. I also sat on a Ferris Wheel which was very big. I also had a boat ride on Michigan Lake.






It was tooooooooo much fun living in Chicago for a month. After a month-long stay in Chicago,, we went to Florida for vacation. I'll write about that trip later.


4 comments: